This was my first kit I’ve bought, because peonies were my mum favourite flowers. It was my mother, who taught me to cross stitch, embroider, knit and crochet. In memory of my mum I cross stitch these beautiful flowers.
The producer of the kit is Riolis Ltd., from Moscow, Russia riolis
The author of the pattern is an artist Anna Petrosyan.
The kit contais:
- easy instruction in different languages: Russian, English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian;
- multicolour chart (I prefer black and white charts, so it was some new experience for me);
- 14 count white Zweigart Aida fabric (now I’ll change it to evenweave, but remeber, it was my first kit);
- Anchor stranded thread (20 colours);
- threads sampler;
- a needle (a very thin and a very good needle).
The work is made with:
- 1-strand cross-stitich;
- 2-strand cross-stitches;
- 3-strand cross stitches;
- tapestry stitch of 1 strand;
- back stitch with 1-strand stitch;
- back stitch with 2-strand stitches.
What is more, 7 combined colours are used in this pattern. Thus, it was not as easy, as it seems to be, but the effect is worth the work I’ve done. Finished size 15 3/4” x 11 3/4” or 40 x 30 cm.